Grand Designs Live
If you're a fan of Grand Designs on TV or looking for inspiration for your next building project then you need to get along to the Grand Designs Live Home Show. There will be shows in Sydney and Melbourne and they'll feature over 200 exhibitors - all showcasing the latest and greatest products for your home.
There will be the usual focus on Kitchens & Bathrooms, Interiors, Building and Outdoors but new in 2014 is a Design Arcade where you can buy from Australia's next generation of designers.
When: Melbourne - 17-19 October
Sydney - 24-26 October
Top Tips to get the most out of Grand Designs Live
- There are lots of exhibitors and it can get overwhelming once the crowds build up. The Grand Designs Live website will have a list of all the exhibitors, so make a shortlist of those you're particularly interested in before you arrive
- Do a quick scout around of the entire show to get your bearings before narrowing in to see the suppliers you're interested in. Also note times of any expert talks or seminars that may be running - you don't want to run out of time or miss them altogether
- Take along any plans or drawings you may have of your home. It is much easier for exhibitors to give you accurate information if they can reference your plans and point out potential issues
- Research products so that you're informed and can ask relevant questions on the day
- Don't be afraid to ask for a 'show discount'. It can cost a lot of money for exhibitors to be at shows like Grand Designs Live and they will be very keen to make some sales. Often they may have deals that you can only get on the day
To find out more information visit granddesignslive.com.au